Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Days at Trinity

Some people say that the first couple days of college are scary. I guess Trinity did not get that memo because my first few days at Trinity were some of the funnest days of my summer (excluding football practice). The problem that I had coming in was that I had only listened to the people that must have not liked there college because they said it was HORRIBLE! I was not able to use a brother or sister for a second opinion on it because I am the first one to go to college. Now that I am here I wish I would have stopped being so scared and started being more friendly from the get go.

The people I really have to thank for making my transition from my home to college an easy one is the NSO Staff. They really have been able to find a great way to get people to mingle and have a lot of fun together.  I was just excited to wake up ever morning to a new thing every day.
One of the tips I might want to give to the Freshmen next (besides time management) is to be a sponge-go out and do as much as physically possible. Do not be afraid to go talk to some people that you have never seen before. That is what college is. Stepping out of your comfort zone and figuring out who you really are. This here is a picture of what some of the lower level (freshmen) dorms look like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment