Thursday, October 7, 2010

Distractions of Trinity Life Part 2

Last time in my blog I talked about how cell phones are a big nuisance when you are trying to study, but there is something that might beat this. The social network of Facebook is probably the single biggest distraction in college. The reasons for this is because Facebook is easily accessible and it is a break time lengthener because of short attention spands.
The reason why Facebook is easily accessible is because most people in college today have a laptop or a desktop that is their own. With having your own computer, that means that you probably have a Facebook since you are a teenager. With this being a teenager you have a thing that I have diagnosed as short attention spands. With this disease that every teenager is plagued with that they are not able to stay focused on a particular subject for a long time. I have to admit that I, Sean Scott, am one of these people. And I know when I just can not study anymore. The way I try to cheat the system is by giving myself breaks to keep refreshing myself. The main thing I do during my time of rest is get on Facebook. When I get on I check to see if I got any messages, comments, or friend request, but after that I start check out the news I aways get stuck on some other persons news. Then I click on there profile and see that I know one of their friends. I do not have them as a friend so I add them. After the add I decide to go back to the homepage and start all over again not doing anything but waste time.
See the break is suppose to help you rest so you can go study or write a paper for a longer time, but all it does is tow things. One, it lengthens the time of your supposed break which, two, tires you out so that you shorten your actual study time and just fall asleep. As I said in the beginning Facebook is probably biggest distraction on Trinity's campus. You just have to make sure that you can control or limit your time on there because if you do not you end up like me-turning in my work late.

No comments:

Post a Comment